Who is this Qualification for?
This course is addressed to any member of the public who wants to know what action to take in case of an emergency and how to deal with life-threatening situations.
- Minimum age 16+
- 1 day practical training
- Course assessed by continuous observation and questioning
- Course Timings - 6 hours of practical training - 09.30 am to 4.45 PM
- Results available in 10 working days
What Does This Qualification Cover?
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- What to do in an emergency such as a cardiac arrest, choking, minor or severe bleeding, seizures and more.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- How and when to use a defibrillator
- Communication and casualty care
What Will You Learn?
- Prioritising injuries and action in an emergency.
- How to provide immediate medical care in an emergency.
- How to assess if someone is unconscious, whether or not they are breathing and how and when to put them into the recovery position or start CPR.
- We will cover common accidents and injuries relevant to your industry and empower you with the skills and confidence to provide an immediate and appropriate first aid response.
- Baby first aid and Child First Aid can be included if required.
- always tailor the course to the requirements of your work.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
NGTC may recognise prior learning at their discretion if they are satisfied that the evidence provided meets the requirements of a qualification. Where RPL is to be used extensively (for a whole unit or more),advice must be given by a qualified RPL Advisor.